Thursday, July 29, 2010
Trust in The Lord
Just in case you did not know, I am now officially a student of the National Institute of Education (NIE) and a teacher-in-making!
Ever since I graduated from Secondary School, I knew God had placed this call upon my life; a call to serve the youths in this nation. I know how the call sounds grand and everything, but trust me, it has been a struggle. From feelings of inadequacy to battles with unforseen circumstances, I have fought the good fight and am now on my way to realising the destiny of which God has called me to.
Well, its not exactly as easy as it sounds.
Walking in the will of God is a scary thing. Your final destination is sometimes kept a secret and you never know where it is until you get there. When God gave Abraham a great promise of blessing, all God told him was this: "Take your family and go." Go where? Just go.
I guess this is where the struggle lies. We are always eager to know what is God's destiny for us. What exactly is His will for our lives? Facing so many uncertainties that lie ahead, a battle rages in our heart and in our mind and we hesitate to let God be God in us.
But the only thought that could keep us focused is this: that God is faithful, He is good and His mercy endureths forever. He is not only the Lord of the universe, but our Father who loves us dearly. If He could send His one and only begotten Son to die on the cross for our redemption, what other good will He hold back from us?
The Bible in Proverbs 3:5-6 says: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight".
As I embark on this journey to realising my calling with God, this commonly quoted verse jumps out at me and begins to make more sense than before. Perhaps it will take a lifetime for me to understand/know the Lord's will in my life, yet, I want to be able to trust in Him with all my heart and to acknowledge that 'He is God' in all my ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment