Sunday, January 16, 2011



The Romantic Lord

Happy new year folks! On a random night like this, I made a decision to come on and post on this really old blog. For no particular reason. Maybe, I miss neverleftbehind.

Anyway, it has been a good year so far, speaking for the last 16 days! And I'm sure the rest of this year will continue to be good. Entered this new year with a lot of exciting promises and visions from Above and I'm really excited to see how God will move so ever-sovereignly in my life, my ministry, and my family.

Counting on God, big time!

For the last two Saturdays, The Edge has gone into a 3-part series on Boy Meets Girl and it has been really fun, and insightful at the same time. I must say, I did receive a lot from the past 2 weeks and I never knew that the Bible had such a romantic love story that we can all learn from! Romance, the godly way, you won't go wrong! Haha, I promise you, it'll work out better than silly tips from Teenagae magazine or 8 Days.

During worship yesterday, Joel was leading us in 'Endlessly' by Desperation Band. As we sang this beautiful love song, God's sweet presence was dwelling amidst us. Have you ever thought about this? That God isn't just our Father, Lord, Friend. But He also wants to be our lover. A very very romantic one, He is.

As I worshipped, God reminded me of this: He wants us to know that He's not just some being out there, but a God who is wooing after our very hearts. He is longing for our attention and affection, and desires for us to draw near to Him. He is jealous for the first place in our hearts, He wants nothing less.

A very timely reminder from the Lover himself. Now, my heart hungers for a deeper intimacy with the Lord Himself. To fall in love with the Creator of this universe, romantic!

He pursues us,
Not with twelve roses or a big bouquet of lilies,
but with a field full of daisies and other beautiful petals.
Not with diamond rings or a sapphire stone on chain,
but with the abundant blessings from Him who owns the cattle on a thousand hills.
Not with love spelt out on paper or on mail,
but on the big blue sky, He'll paint your favourite sight.
Not with a candlelight dinner accompanied by words of sweetnothings,
But under the canvas of stars, where He makes eternal convenants and promises He'll never break.

No comments: