Sunday, March 23, 2008

T.G.I.(G)F
Thank God it's (Good) Friday

The worst thing ever, is to wake up to a bad stomach early in the morning. Horrid, terrifying morning. But put that aside, it's beautiful Easter Sunday dawn. Yes, indeed I'm thankful that I worship The One who not only died for me, but is living for me.

And because it's the beautiful Easter Sunday morning, I'd share my faith.

Grace, simple as it is, never fails to amaze me. Who am I to deserve the touch of amazing grace, the contact of amazing love? The very thought of a blameless, sinless man dying upon that cruel, wooden cross just so you lived bewilders my heart, it blows my mind. Oh, how He saved my soul.

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound
That Saved a Wretch like Me
I Once was Lost, But Now Am Found
Was Blind But Now I See

With a heart full of gratitude, I stand here declaring, I'm nothing apart from Jesus. And all my days, I live for Him, I'll breathe for Him. Call me crazy or a fool, but I'm not holding back. Because He, too, gave it all.

Isn't it wonderful to learn to make your life count, to live for something apart the things of this world?
How many times has this world ride your emotions on a roller coaster, plucked the strings of your heart to an unmelodious riddle?
Tiring, doesn't it get, when you sweat your hearts out for a short-lived smile of Mother Nature and it's creatures?

I've been there, done that, didn't like it. Because this world brews a cup of bitter wine. Nice-smelling, but not all that fabulous. Pleasures of this world doesn't breathe for long. Alcohol drowns your sorrow, gives you 'high', what about the hangovers? Cigars label you 'cool' and a daredevil, what about the addiction you can't break thereafter?

It's getting heavy, but I'm sure you caught a glimpse of the big picture. So if life spells an end today, has your life count for something lasting, or nothing more than mere dust returning to dust?

No comments: