Victors
Romans 8:37
"Yet in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us"
Since the break of Youth Camp, there's an unspeakable joy that has found its rest upon my heart. It's almost like a new excitement, an anticipation of something that's going to take place. It's almost like the season is now, the time has come, for greater things to happen!
It could be one of the many post-youthcamp symptoms which includes campsick, super high level of hype and energy for any and everything, and of course, a whole new wave of excitement about doing great things for God in our generation. How can anyone stay indifferent when we see strongholds come tumbling down and people set free?
My God is just so awesome.
I believe everyone has received a touch from God. Be it a renewal of strength, a reminder of calling, or a fresh new work, God has moved uniquely in every individual heart.
He is still moving in mine. I testify with a gratefulness how God has reminded me of the calling He has placed upon my life. I know my purpose and destiny in this life and in His Kingdom. I know the reason I live. But so often, I let loose and try to take the easier way out. Perhaps at a time or two, think I know better. Not forgetting those moments I thought it was okay to shelf His plans for later.
It's not that difficult to feel all pumped up now and at one go, run a distance at the fastest speed my legs could carry me. I could make a good head start but that doesn't equate to finishing well. I know I'm guilty of many times, making promises and commitments at conference and camp altars that I find myself failing at the end. So often we subconsciously fall into a cycle of hype right after camp and then getting back into routine a few months after that. This also applies to the other little commitments we tell God we'll abide by; stop a habit, break an addiction etc.
But the matter of fact is, God has made us victors, more than conquerors in our situations. Even before we could step unto the battlefield, the battle has already been won. Not by our might, nor by our strength, but only by the death of Jesus that overcame. We were not made to climb out of a pit, rejoice and after a couple of days jump back into the black hole again. It may sound silly but I suppose many of us are guilty of it. I know I am. Sometimes we knowingly approach that very same hole we came out of to test and see, how much further can I go before I fall in. We think we know. We allow distractions and worries of this life subtly put off the passion in our hearts. Then we wonder, why is it we aren't able to totally break free?
A commitment needs discipline to keep, and a calling needs to be guarded, again with discipline. Even when we don't feel like running any longer, we hang on, we press forward. Find a partner to commit to run along side with you. I remember how I dated Michelle out for a jog and if it hadn't been for her, I would have given up after 200m. I'm glad I pressed forward, and I'm glad she ran with me. Holding on to our calling, we need to know that we don't have to be trapped in the cycle of passiveness that follows after. We are more than conquerors, and can break out of this routine with the discipline of a warrior, and the support of an army.
No comments:
Post a Comment