Wednesday, December 21, 2011
The God Chasers
Observing a trend? You're probably noticing the cycles of my blogging tendency. When I catch on the blogging fever, you can definitely anticipate a train of fresh postings. Well, this time I seem to have rediscovered the joy of blogging, of penning down my thoughts without being restricted by word limitations.
Many years ago, I picked up a really good book but never got around to finish it before I had to return it. It was such a good book that I've always been wanting to read and re-read it again. Borrowed it from Grace not too long ago and I'm hooked on it! The God Chasers by Tommy Tenney is really some goodness packed from cover to cover (I haven't exactly got to the back cover, but you know what I'm driving at)!
To sum up what this book is all about, simply a call to grow deeper in intimacy with God; not just knowing about God, but knowing God. Not just dancing at the veil of the Holy of Holies, but being drenched by the glory of God. Reading both modern and Bible-time accounts just makes your heart hungry for more, almost a sense of spiritual dissatisfaction knowing your greatest encounter with God, is actually minimal.
We're merely eleven days away from the new year and I can smell it; it is going to be a good year! I want 2012 to be a year of of just drawing ever-closer to God and that this one thing be all that matters. Reading His word just tells me there's so much more to Him. Nope, not His blessings or His grand plans, but just knowing Him - as a Father, a King and a Friend. The work of His hands comes naturally as you seek His face and His heart first.
I want to know what is God saying to me today. Tommy Tenney in his book highlights that we should walk so close to God and know Him personally that it doesn't talk halts of thunder for us to know that God is speaking. But to have such intimacy with God that you're certain even when He whispers to your heart.
We should constantly ask ourselves this: where are we in our relationship with God? Is that really it? Or is there more? Don't stop at where you are at with God, I can assure you that there is MORE. If what we have had was just the tip of the ice berg, can you imagine what beholds if only you'd press in and keep pursuing Him with all your heart? Getting all excited just imagining how beautiful it could be!!
2012 is probably gonna be a good year but also a busy one. But from here forth, I want to keep my focus on the right thing, the one thing - Jesus. So there we go, a mega note-to-self for the coming year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment