Monday, December 26, 2011

Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Merry Christmas everyone! Isn't it truly the most wonderful time of the year? Oh I love, love Christmas time. Yes, all the presents, the sumptuous Christmas dinners, and special Christmas services. But the most important reason why I love Christmas, is because "unto us, this day a Saviour is born" and His name is Jesus. Well if you haven't got it, He is the reason for the season!

It's a joyous season because what greater gift can we receive besides the gift of Salvation and to be given the privilege and honour of being called sons and daughters of the Most High God? The gift of access into His marvelous presence and into His eternal Kingdom. This is what I call a real gift! That on this day, Jesus Christ was given to us, to live only to die as a redemption for our sins, so that we might have life. He is truly Saviour, Christ and Lord!

So here's to the One who saved my life with His, Happy Birthday!

We had a lot of Lasts this week. Our last net outreach for the year, last TheEdge service, last morning service at Futsing etc. and all these Lasts always sets you reflecting and puts this nostalgic feeling in your heart. What I experienced was no exception.

2011 has been an incredibly fast year. With so much going on this year, both good and bad with its equal share of ups and downs, I still wanna close this year by thanking God for His faithfulness throughout. His fingerprints have been so evident in every area of my life for this past year, and I'm absolutely thankful for that - my God who never leaves me nor forsakes me:)

This year I would say, is a year of testings and trials, also one of consistent molding and learning. It's been a bitter-sweet journey, but one that led me so much closer to God. For every valley experience, I began to draw closer to God and emerging from these, find myself another step ahead in this race. My prayer is that God never stops working in me this way, because I know there's so much more to be done in me.

I also began to reflect on all my relationships and thank God for the many blessings He placed in my life; individuals who have been my encouragement and strength throughout this year's journey. Just people so dear to my own heart. Nonetheless, I have to admit that I need a lot more wisdom from God in my dealings with relationships, specifically friendships. This is not a place to elaborate, but I believe I do need God to teach me His way of relationships. Eager to learn and work on some of these in the coming year. Till then, dear friends who stuck through with me, thank you thank you thank you. You've been a bigger-than-you-could-imagine-blessing to me! :)

No comments: